11/11/2009

#_X Electrodes and OpAmp


Yesterday I finally got started with (basically) what I came for to ITP; developing and creating BCIs (Brain Computer Interface). 2nd year Mustafa has been working on it all semester long for his course "Rest of you" taught by Dan O'Sullivan so we decided to join forces on this one.

So far, I managed to hook up electrodes to a simple Op-Amp differential circuit and get some reading of body activity. However, the results so far are not closely something that could match any medical machines, which is mainly due to the bad amplification a single Op-Amp offers and also the rather arbitrary application of the electrodes to my body – not even close to 10-20 or any other systematic way. However, that was the first step and I am happy to keep going with this stuff.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen